Friday, July 30, 2010

Day 30: Back From Maui And Back At Whole Foods For A Vegan Cookie

Today's vegan bites include:
1.) Sunchips (yep, Sunchips! I read the ingredients while sitting on the plane)
2.) Coffee with non-dairy creamer
3.) 2 slices of toast w/strawberry jam - sourdough and wheat
4.) Ginger & Green Onion Rice Noodles
5.) 16oz chocolate soy mocha and a fresh baked vegan peanut butter cookie
5.) Fresh baked vegan oatmeal cookie

"Done...quite frankly, skin looks like crap...not radiant, not clear, not nothing...I think it could be all the soy...not looking particularly hot...feeling actually less attractive than when I first started...master cleanse had better results...given that I'm not working out, I don't feel any skinnier but I don't feel any fatter either..."

So, we flew into LAX early this morning. We flew first class both ways and given that I didn't let the airlines know that I was vegan, not too much of the meals or snacks they served were vegan. I wonder if I told them in advance that I was vegan, if they would prepare vegan meals for me and serve vegan snacks. Anyhow, it felt kind of wasteful to pay so much more for my airfare and not enjoy their services. Well, there is the more comfortable seat and the roomier leg space, both of which all 5 feet and 3 inches of me thoroughly enjoyed.

A few things - we were pretty tired arriving so early in the morning (6am); we were sad to be back because we were no longer on island time; and my car got totaled at the airport while parked in the passenger loading/unloading zone. All I was able to write on Day 30 about Day 30 is what you see in quotes above.

Such a different voice, huh? I was just so tired and just so grateful my friends and I weren't injured in the accident...

No comments:

Post a Comment